Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

Hello Kawaii Followers!

If one (or more) of your favorite series is on hiatus, you recently found free time, or you just want to add another series to your vast collection of anime and manga then may I introduce to you one of my personal favorite anime/manga's:


Plot:
Dusk Maiden Amnesia or Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (I will just be referring to this as Dusk Maiden) is a story about a first middle school student name Teiichi Niiya. After getting lost in the old wing of Seikyou Private Academy, he discovers a girl name Yuko Kanoe. Yuko is a ghost, who cannot remember anything about her death and her past life. Teiichi is the only one (besides Kirie but more on her later), who can actually see Yuko. The series revolves around the two of them trying to discover her mysterious past.

*DISCLAIMER: I thought I would let everyone know that Dusk Maiden does have partial nudity in both the anime and manga (Don't think elfin lied and its not in every episode).  Honestly I don't care for nudity but the series is just so kawaii and Yuko is such a lovable character you can most likely get past that!

Now onto the characters:



Teiichi Niiya
Not much to say about Teiich. He's just your average anime guy and he's a bit lack luster. I will say he is very devoted to finding out about Yuko's past and he really loves her (awww how cute<3!).




Yuko Kanoe
Let me just start off by saying that Yuko is one of my favorite anime/manga characters. She's kawaii as hell, funny, adorable, and can be serious. Her personality and motives are just so complex. She makes the show to be honest.


Kirie Kanoe
Kirie is just a complete badass. She's the only one, besides Teiich, who can see Yuko and her grandmother owns the academy  Although you might not like her at first, her character progress is just amazing. She really becomes a lovable character.


Momoe Okonogi
Okay, I beyond dislike her and she's probably the only bad thing I have to say about this series. Not only is she your stereotypical moe character, who just happens to be in love with Teiichi, she is completely and utterly useless, annoying, and I'll stop now before I go on a rant.

I recommend both watching the anime and reading the manga.

Why?
Well, the story on how Yuko died is different and both have slightly different endings. But you can't just either watch or read the series you have to do both.

The animation is just stunning and you will not be disappointed:

You can watch the series here: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

As for the manga the storyline and the reason on why she died just chills you to the bone. Honestly I was almost crying when I found out what happened.

You can read the manga here: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

I really fell in love with Dusk Maiden. It does take a few episodes to actually get to the reasons behind her death but honestly it does not matter. The animation, storyline, and of course characters are so great that you will honestly not want to stop watching/reading. I actually cosplayed Yuko last november for one of the con's I attended!

Well, I really hope you guys take the chance to watch and read this! I would love to hear your opinions on the series, so don't be afraid to put in an "ask" on our main blog on tumblr: Kawaii Pinkie Peach
Thanks for reading & 
Stay Cute!

~Annmarie (otherubyskies)


No comments:

Post a Comment