Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Teen Titans Go!

Hello kawaii followers! Today I am going to be reviewing the series Teen Titans Go!
(Please be aware that all of the images shown are not mine and I do not claim that they are mine)

Let me first start off by saying that I love the Teen Titan series cartoon network put out back in 2003. I've also read some of the comics, which aren't that bad, but I am more into manga than comics. Anyway the Teen Titan series was my favorite show growing up, I knew every episode and fell in love with all the characters and their background stories. Sadly as most of you may know, the series ended with its last movie (Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo) in 2006. Rumors about a continuation of the series spread but that all came to an end when the networks announced a revamp called Teen Titans GO!

I first heard about this when I was flipping through channels and stumbled upon a commercial advertising the new series. Considering I was a huge Teen Titans fan I wanted to check it out. I watched about three episodes and was completely shocked about what I saw.

First the characters look completely kiddish to be honest. The characters now look like they have been drawn in five minutes. I see no art work in this new revamp.

Then (2003)


Now


In addition to this, Teen Titans Go! is more about the random activities that the titans do. Instead of showing amazing fight scenes and actual thought out story plots, the episodes are more about the titans getting into arguments and having meaningless challenges between one another.

I understand that this is suppose to be a kids show but remember it was a kids show back in 2003 and honestly they showed some pretty dark stuff back then (Raven's father, Starfire's evil sister, and Slade). The show now is just a complete joke. All they have done is destroyed the character progress and made it a comedy (if you can even call it a comedy seeing as theres nothing funny about it).

Hopefully sometime in the future Teen Titans will make a comeback (based on the 2003 series). I think the story can become really complex and they can explore more of Beast Boys past or even more about Starfire's family and home planet. The series has so much potential!

My Rating:

Animation: 2/5

Plot: 1/5

Characters: 2/5

Watching this show only pissed me off to be quite honest and I really hope they bring back the series.

By:
Annmarie (otherubyskies)

Thanks for reading!
Stay Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment